Your use of this site
1. Publishing Services International Limited of 1st Floor, 29-33 Bucks Road, Douglas, Isle of Man is the publisher of the Site (“Publisher”). Please refer to the Terms and Conditions listed on this website. The Publisher takes full and sole responsibility for all content, stories and material (including election material) published on the Site.
2. The Publisher does not own the domain name(s) listed on the Site or any other related domain name linked to or associated with the Site (“URL’s”).
3. The owner of the URL's takes no responsibility for and disclaims any liability for any information or material published on the Site(s) and any related or associated Site in any form, at any time both now and in the future.
The Publisher collects personal information when the Publisher provides its services to you. When you visit and interact with the Site, certain information may be collected automatically, including:
• your computer's Internet Protocol (IP) address;
• your browser type and operating system;
• the web pages you were visiting immediately before and after you came to the Site;
• activities within community discussions;
• web pages and advertisements that you view, and links that you click on, within the Site;
• your bandwidth speed and information about the software programs that are installed on your computer;
• aggregated data about email click-through rates and user video viewing;
• standard server log information; and
• information collected through HTML cookies, Flash cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies.
The Publisher usually collects personal information directly from you, although sometimes the Publisher may use agents or service providers to do this for the Publisher. The Publisher may also acquire lists from other sources, both from other companies and from other public documents. This may include advertisers, mailing lists, recruitment agencies, contractors and business partners. The Publisher may also access information about you from third-party sources and platforms (such as social networking sites, databases, online marketing firms, and ad targeting firms), including:
• if you access third-party social networking services (such as Facebook Connect or Twitter) through the Site, your username and connection lists for those services;
• demographic data, such as age range, gender, and interests;
• advertisement interaction and viewing data, such as ad click-through rates and information about how many times you viewed a particular ad; and
• unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers, that can identify the physical location of such devices in accordance with applicable law.
Please note that the Site may combine the information that we collect with information that the Publisher may obtain from third-party sources. The Publisher may collect your personal information when you request or acquire a product or service from the Publisher, register with the Publisher as a member (including user name and password and contact information such as name, email address, postal address, phone number, and mobile number), provide a product or service to the Publisher, complete a survey or questionnaire, enter a competition or event, contribute in a fundraising event, participate in one of the Publisher’s services (including blogs, forums, community discussions and other interactive features), search queries conducted on the Site, or when you communicate with the Publisher by e-mail, telephone, or in writing. If, at any time, you provide personal information about someone other than yourself, you warrant that you have that person’s consent to provide such information for the purpose specified.
The Publisher usually collects personal information such as your name, address, telephone number, and in some instances, your financial details, including your credit card information. The Publisher also collects information about you that is not personal information. For example, the Publisher may collect data relating to your activity on its websites (including IP addresses) via tracking technologies such as cookies, or the Publisher may collect information from you in response to a survey. The Publisher generally uses this information to report statistics, analyse trends, administer its services, diagnose problems and target and improve the quality of its products and services. By continuing to access the Site, you agree that the Publisher may use this information for any purpose and by any means whatsoever, and you agree that the Publisher may use your mobile number to send you promotions, notifications, or other services.
When you are online, the Publisher collects information regarding the pages within its network which you visit and what you click on. As a general rule the Publisher does not collect sensitive information, however it reserves the right to do so. If the Publisher does, it will usually be for the purposes of providing its goods or services and if the law requires the Publisher to, the Publisher will seek your consent to collect it.
The Publisher values your privacy, and shares information about its users only under certain circumstances. The Publisher may disclose your information to its service providers and contractors from time to time to help the Publisher to provide and market its goods and services to you. The Publisher may also share your information with third parties who provide prizes for competitions or reader offers. If the Publisher does this, the Publisher generally requires these parties to protect your information in the same way as the Publisher does.
The Publisher will make information about you available to other companies, applications, or people in the circumstances listed below:
• The Publisher may share aggregated information or information that does not directly identify you with third parties to help the Publisher develop content, services, and advertising that the Publisher hopes you will find of interest. Please note that the Publisher does not share contact information with third parties that advertise on the Site.
• The Publisher may employ third parties to perform Site-related services, including database management, maintenance services, analytics, marketing, data processing, and email and text message distribution. These third parties have access to your information only to perform these tasks on the Publisher’s behalf.
• If you choose to engage in public activities on the site, such as posting comments on community message boards, any information you submit can be read, collected, or used by others. Please exercise caution when deciding to disclose any personal information in public activities or submissions.
• The Publisher may share information about you to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety or other rights and interests of any person, violations of the Site's Terms and Conditions, or as otherwise required by law.
• The Publisher may share information about you to respond to subpoenas, search warrants, judicial proceedings, court orders, legal process, or other law enforcement measures, to establish or exercise our legal rights, or to defend against legal claims.
• In addition to the scenarios identified above, the Publisher may share information about you for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time the Publisher collects your information or pursuant to your consent.
Please note that third parties may independently collect data about you, including your IP address and information about the websites you visit and the links you click, through cookies, clicks on links, or other means when you visit or view ads on the Site. To customize your experience on the Site and to simplify the Site's registration process, the Publisher provides you with the opportunity to access or interact with third-party services, such as Facebook and Twitter. When you connect to the Site through these third-party services, the Publisher may share information about you with these third-party service providers and they may share data about you with the Publisher. When you allow the Publisher to access your data through a third-party service to create a Site profile, the Publisher may use this data for several purposes, including:
• For example, if you connect to the Site via a service with a public friend list, like Twitter, the Publisher may check to see if any people you follow on Twitter are also Site members. If the Publisher finds a match, the Publisher will replicate your Twitter relationship with those members, setting them to be fans, followers, or friends on the Publisher Site.
• For example, if you connect via a service that has a private contact list (like Google and Yahoo!), the Publisher checks for people in your contacts who are Site members and suggest that you become a fan of these users.
• When users share content with their friends, the Publisher may use friend lists from third-party services to create a list of contacts to whom you may choose to send the email message.
• For example, the Publisher may use friend lists from a third-party service to create a list of contacts to whom you may choose to send an invitation to view an interactive slideshow.
• When you are connected via a third-party service, the Publisher may access certain account information, such as your profile picture, what stories are popular in your network, and what your friends are saying about certain articles or blog posts, in order to enhance and personalize your experience on the Site.
In addition, if you connect to a Facebook account, your experience on the Site may be personalized. For example, you may automatically see what stories are popular in your network, and what your friends are saying about particular stories. Please note that you may disconnect third party accounts at any time.
The Publisher may collect and use certain non-personal information (e.g., the identity of your Internet browser, the type of operating system you use, your IP address and the domain name of your Internet service provider) to optimise its goods and services (which may include the display of personalised content and advertising) including the Publisher’s Web pages for your computer.
The Publisher may use personally identifiable information in aggregate form to improve its goods and services including its Web sites and make them more responsive to the needs of its customers. This statistical compilation and analysis of information may also be used by the Publisher or provided to others as a summary report for marketing, advertising or research purposes.
The Publisher strives to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personally identifiable information of its customers. The Publisher uses a variety of physical and electronic security measures including restricting physical access to its offices and firewalls and secure databases to keep personal information secure from misuse, loss or unauthorized use or disclosure. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. The Publisher limits access to contact information about you to employees or service providers who the Publisher believes reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. The Publisher also has adopted commercially reasonable technical, physical, and administrative procedures to help protect information about you from loss, misuse, and alteration. Please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. The Publisher wants you to feel confident using the Site, but the Publisher cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to the Publisher.
You have a right to access most personal information the Publisher holds about you and if the Publisher denies access in some circumstances, the Publisher will tell you why. To request access, please contact the Publisher’s privacy officer as set out at the end of this document.
Any information posted on bulletin boards and/or communicated in chat areas becomes public information. While the Publisher strives to protect and respect your privacy, the Publisher cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose in a chat room or bulletin board.
Remember to close your browser when you have finished your user session. This is to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place like a library or Internet cafe. You as an individual are responsible for the security of and access to your own computer. Whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information over the Internet this information can be collected and used by others. In short, if you post personal information in publicly accessible online forums, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return. Ultimately, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your username and passwords and any account information. Please be careful and responsible whenever you are using the Internet. The Publisher does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If the Publisher learns that it has collected any personal information from a child under the age of 13 without verifiable parental consent, the Publisher will delete that information from its database as quickly as possible. If you believe that the Publisher may have collected information from a child under 13, please contact the Publisher at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please contact our Privacy Officer to ask for access to your information or if you have a complaint concerning your information privacy or if you would like more information about our approach to privacy at email@example.com .